Starting from the imminent phase two, our recovery to normal will be gradual and will proceed by trial and error.
Surely mistakes will be made, and our normality will be different and new, yet to be explored.
Every difficulty brings with it an opportunity to improve: the lack of fundamental economic and industrial certainties is pushing companies to rely on processes and methodologies that are, where possible, independent of the human factor.
As far as the micro-universe of biocompatibility testing is concerned, the totally in vitro and chemical approach, unlike the in vivo or partially in vitro methods, allows for better testing protocols in terms of cost effectiveness for the company.
Our IRRITECTION and CORROSITEX methods have several advantages over other in vitro methods using Reconstituted Corneal Epithelium models, such as RhCE (OECD TG 492):
- being completely in chemical and not cellular based the kit is easily manageable and can be kept in stock for 2 years from the date of production, without any special precautions.
- no special equipment is needed; only a Plate Reader compatible with the software that does the reading is required. We provide both of them on loan for use.
- you can test both liquids and solids.
- a particular qualification of the executor is not required: the course, lasting two half days, which we are currently doing online, enables the execution of the method.
- The test is performed in 24 hours.
- there are no problems of availability of the kits, which we provide.
The IRRITECTION® method is a method, which in its OCULAR variant is validated by ECVAM and adopted by OECD (OECD TG 496) while, in this period, the DERMAL variant is successfully replacing other in vitro methods using “reconstituted skin” such as OECD TG 439 and ISO 10993-10, precisely because of these advantages.